Do you love the look of perfectly shaped nails but don’t have time to head to the salon for regular mani-pedis? Well, you’ll be glad to know there is a way to get that perfect squoval nail shape right at home. In this article, we will share some savvy tips and tricks on how you can easily give yourself a chic manicure with an enviable squoval nail shape. From prepping your nails properly to filing them down correctly, our guide has got it all covered, so you achieve beautiful results each time! So keep reading if precision-shaped nails are what you seek!
How to get the perfect squoval nail shape
- Start by filing the nail in one direction with a medium-grit nail file. This will help even out any irregularities and product buildup on the surface of your nails.
- Choose a squoval-style nail shape that you would like to achieve; this could be slightly more oval or almost square, depending on your preference.
- Use an emery board to create the desired angle at each corner of the nail; make sure to use gentle strokes and hold the emery board at an angle so as not to cause any damage.
- Once all four corners have been filed, look at your nails from various angles to check for symmetry and adjust where necessary.
- Finally, use a finer-grit nail file to smooth out any rough edges and refine the shape of your squoval nails. To finish off, buff the surface of each nail with a buffer, and you’re good to go!
Now that you know how to achieve the perfect squoval nail shape, it’s time to show off your fabulous new manicure! Just remember to keep your nails healthy by regularly moisturizing and avoiding too much filing or shaping; this will help them look gorgeous for longer.
The perfect nail art for your squoval nails
Squoval nails are the perfect shape for nail art designs, as they provide a canvas that is both wide enough to accommodate intricate details and narrow enough to be stylish. So whether you’re a fan of simple French manicures or bold, intricate designs, there’s something out there for everyone when it comes to squoval nail art.
One classic look for your squoval nails is the French tip manicure. To achieve this timeless look, begin by painting all of your nails with a base coat in any color of your choice. Next, use a striper brush and white polish to create two thin lines near the tips of each nail. Finally, finish off the design with a clear topcoat to protect your new design.
For a more modern and colorful look, you can create a reverse French tip design by painting all of your nails with a light base coat. Then, use colored polish to paint thin stripes near the tips of each nail. Finally, finish off the design with a clear topcoat for extra shine and protection.
If you’re looking for something more intricate, you can also try creating an ombre effect on your squoval nails. Start by painting all of your nails with a base coat in any color of your choice, then use several shades of the same color family to create a gradient effect along each nail. To do this, start by applying the darkest shade at the base of the nail and gradually move up the nail, applying lighter and lighter shades as you go. Finally, finish off the design with a clear topcoat for extra shine and protection.